Tattoo artists around the world realize the benefits of providing laser tattoo removal at their tattoo shops. More artists are using laser tattoo removal as a fading tool to shape and deliver the desired artwork clients’ want. Not only do they have a front row seat to the audience and demographic seeking tattoo removal most, but they also have the knowledge and skills to thrive with this high demand procedure.
In this article, we outline three basic tips tattoo shops must know when adding laser tattoo removal to their services.
One of the most convenient reasons why tattoo shops should add laser tattoo removal to their business is because they already have the space to perform treatments. Unlike entrepreneurs who need to invest time and money into finding the perfect clinic and building, tattoo shops can simply use their existing location. When deciding the layout for your laser tattoo removal space, always ensure the following:
- Dedicate a space for laser tattoo removal treatments only. Having a private space will give exclusivity to the treatment and also some privacy for your client. A 10’ x 10’ space is plenty of room; you don’t need anything more than 150 square feet of space.
- The treatment room must be enclosed due to laser safety regulations. Having no windows in the room is optimal, but not necessary. Areas with windows work just as well as long as curtains are used to keep the laser light within the treatment room. Draping and curtains work just as well for creating rooms within open space tattoo studios.
- Important elements to include in the treatment room are the patient bed, practitioner chair, additional chairs for consultation purposes, Q-switched laser(s), and a cabinet or table for aftercare materials. The Zimmer Cryo skin cooling device is also an optional addition to any tattoo removal treatment room.
Although you have an existing space and clientele to work off of, it’s important to market your new laser tattoo removal service to both current and potential clients. Laser tattoo removal attracts a variety of clients for different reasons. As a tattoo shop, you should market the service as a helpful solution for clients to get the look they want. Whether that be completely removing a tattoo, they no longer like or identify with, getting rid of specific aspects like shading or text while leaving the surrounding ink intact, or fading a tattoo down in preparation for a cover-up tattoo.
Update your website with a page on laser tattoo removal. Share news about your tattoo removal service via Google AdWords, Facebook, and other online social media platforms. Utilize email marketing to update your existing clients on the new service and even offer them a first treatment discount to support brand loyalty. Encourage referrals through Yelp to attract new clients and repeat visits. There are hundreds of marketing methods available to you, so make sure you use them!
3) Choosing the Right Laser
Lastly, but certainly not least, find a laser that is reliable and aligns with your budget. The laser will be the primary workhouse for performing treatments, so it deserves thorough research and consideration. Figure out your goals and find a laser that will meet those needs. Think about the colors of tattoos you want to treat, how many treatments you wish to perform in a day, if you’re going to perform additional procedures down the road, etc. These are all factors that should be considered before making a laser purchase.
Also, keep in mind that you’re not just buying a laser, you’re investing in a partnership with the laser manufacturer. Reputable manufacturers should include service, training, and marketing support. Having access to a responsive and knowledgeable service team is crucial for laser maintenance and upkeep. Laser tattoo removal is widely known for being a procedure with no downtime. Preventative maintenance and laser servicing are crucial elements to keeping your business and your clients happy. Be aware of laser companies that charge excessive fees for service and training or that outsource their laser service.The laser purchasing process is very similar to buying a car. It takes careful consideration, lots of research, and trusted sellers to find the perfect laser for your tattoo shop. You can learn more about laser purchasing here.
Tattoo shops are the perfect candidates for performing laser tattoo removal. Astanza has helped numerous tattoo shops increase their profits and grow their client base with this popular and innovative procedure. Astanza will be hosting a webinar on May 18th with three tattoo shops that have benefitted from providing laser tattoo removal at their practice.
Under the Ink: An Inside Look at Laser Tattoo Removal from 3 Tattoo Shops
A few areas we will cover in the webinar:
- Fading Tattoos with Laser Tattoo Removal (LTR) before cover-ups
- Pricing Methods
- How LTR is used to create better artwork
- What equipment is required
Register today as there is a limited number of spots available. Everyone that registers will receive a copy of the webinar even if you can’t attend during the scheduled time.